Delaware – USA
August 20 , 2020
United Nations Member States and Permanent Members of the Security Council
Shared Public Notice to:
The Congress of the United States, the European Parliament, the Russian Parliament and the International Mass Media Outlets
After placing an asphyxiating chokehold on present-day Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan is rapidly evolving into the new Adolf Hitler of the 21st century, pursuing an expansionist and revisionist policy aimed at enforcing coercive sovereignty throughout the Eastern Mediterranean Region.
The propaganda campaign of Turkey, called “Blue Homeland”, claims lands which include large sections of territory belonging to the Hellenic Republic and the Republic of Cyprus, a claim which, according to the United Nations Convention for the Law of the Sea (UNCLOS), does not differ at all from the theory of the German Nazi “Lebensraum” living space – territorial expansion campaign.
To this day, under Erdogan’s leadership, Turkish military forces have invaded Iraq, Syria, Libya, the Cyprus Exclusive Economic Zone, and now the Greek continental shelf – inconceivable actions for our times – and have declared the resurrection of the Ottoman Empire, demanding the return of the lands it had captured during its zenith of imperial expansion.
The various excuses used for each “action” are beyond any reasonable framework of international law, international treaties and the peaceful coexistence of neighboring peoples.
The hypocritical Turkish proposals for dialogue and a ¨discussion starting from scratch” are reminiscent of a robber who has invaded your house by threatening the use of weapons and “requests” to discuss which part of your house you will grant him, only to return in the future demanding even more!
Today’s Turkey under Erdogan’s suffocating control, pretends to respect the decisions of the United Nations, but instead systematically ignores the decisions of the same organization, does not recognize the Republic of Cyprus which is recognized by almost all United Nations member states and is a European Union member, ignores 189 judgments of the European Court of Human Rights against Turkey, declares unilateral repeal of international conventions signed by many countries such as the Treaty of Lausanne, deliberately refuses to accede to the United Nations’ Convention on the Law of the Sea which has been ratified by almost all nations, systematically launches organized waves of illegal immigrants to Europe – often accompanied by Turkish coastguard vessels – and carries out terrorism with the threat of violence throughout the Eastern Mediterranean, the Middle East, North Africa, and the Balkans.
The NATO policy of “equal distances” between the aggressor and the victims of Erdogan’s aggressive “actions” brings the prospect of another bloodbath ever nearer. The responsibility falls on those who remain silent or ignore the crimes of the Turkish regime, just as happened before the Second World War when the world had to face Adolf Hitler, resulting in 60 million lives lost.
With the exception of the French Republic, the responsibility of the international community for the impending expansion of the chaos and bloodshed that Erdogan’s Turkey systematically shows is enormous, and the indifference it displays towards Erdogan’s actions is completely inexcusable.
United Nations member states and permanent members of the Security Council are urged not to allow any further bloodshed in the Middle East, North Africa and the Balkans caused by Recep Tayyip Erdogan’s increasingly aggressive activities.
A man who is characterized as irresponsible and dangerous by the Turkish parliamentarians themselves, described as a “typical Islamo-fascist” by modern Turkish intellectuals such as Cengiz Aktar, a Turkish political science professor, journalist, writer, and former head of the United Nations’ mission in Slovenia, should no longer be tolerated by the international community. Clearly, Erdogan is guilty of provocatively violating international law and international agreements, while at the same time, he presents himself as a caliph committing various acts of sacrilege in surviving Byzantine churches of present-day Turkey, with the latest case of sacrilege at the World Heritage Site of the Holy Shrine of Wisdom of God (Agia Sofia).
The penalty of expulsion from the UN must be imposed on Turkey if the following actions are not taken. The United Nations and the Security Council are called upon to recommend to Turkey’s president Erdogan to do the following:
1) To immediately implement the decisions of the United Nations by withdrawing the Turkish occupying army from the territories of the Republic of Cyprus;
2) To immediately withdraw its military forces and bases from the territory of the Republic of Iraq, in accordance with the demands of the internationally recognized Government of Iraq;
3) To immediately withdraw its military forces and bases from the territories of the Syrian Arab Republic in accordance with the decisions of the internationally recognized government of Syria;
4) To immediately terminate its presence accompanied by warships within the Exclusive Economic Zone of the Republic of Cyprus, significant sectors of which, in consultation with neighboring countries and the United States and in accordance with international law, have already been auctioned to large companies for development;
5) To immediately cease all its military presence and provocative circumvention of the United Nations arms embargo in the Republic of Libya under the pretext of “cooperation” with the Libyan administration in Tripoli, which was given an explicit order “to remove paramilitary and foreign military forces from the territory of Libya” and not to multiply them;
6) To immediately terminate its presence accompanied by warships on the continental shelf of the Hellenic Republic, important parts of which, in consultation with Eastern Mediterranean countries and the United States and in accordance with international law, have already been auctioned to large companies for development;
7) To demand the resignation of the President of the 75th United Nations General Assembly, Turkish Ambassador Volkan Bozkir, as a symbolic act of condemnation of the aggressive actions of today’s Turkey.
The Board of Directors of the
INTERNATIONAL HELLENIC ASSOCIATION
SOURCE: International Hellenic Association